Thursday, March 15, 2018

La Roche-Posay Lipikar Fluide (Review)

No comments:
 
La roche posay lipikar fluide review
My thoughts after finishing it (it only took a month).

I've just finished up this 400ml bottle of lotion, so it's a good time to do a review on it because I really want to cut it up to reach the bits that are still stuck onto the inside walls before I declare it empty so I can throw it away. So frugal.

The LRP Lipikar Fluide belongs to their Lipikar line, which is formulated for dry skin. I am interested in this line because it contains Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide), which I have recently found to be really awesome for chronically dry skin. Research has shown that it soothes the skin while stimulating the production of ceramides within the skin to strengthen its skin barrier function! Looks like something that will benefit me, right? My skin is so dry and damaged, it feels good scratching almost any part of my body.

Guardian happened to be running a sale a while back, so instead of S$29.90, I only paid S$24 (for 400ml) after their 20% discount. It's more affordable than the Cetaphil Restoraderm Skin Restoring Moisturizer (S$49.90 for 300ml). Granted, the latter contains ceramides that Lipikar Fluide doesn't. I'll write about that in another entry because I actually DO like the Cetaphil Restoraderm Moisturizer.

la roche posay lipikar

They have another product in the same line, the Lipikar Baume AP+, which seems like an even better option for my eczema, but I could not commit to the price of S$56.90 for 400ml. At that price point, I feel like I need a tester to try out extensively before deciding if I want to drop that much dough on it.

La roche posay lipikar fluide review


On the bottle, it reads:

Indications: Skin sensitivity and dryness in babies, children and adults.
Innovation: A moisturizing formula concentrated in Niacinamide to instantly soothe and protect skin from external aggressors. Within an ultra-light texture to facilitate and speed up daily application. Tested on atopy skin.
Use: Apply 1-2 times a day in light massaging strokes to face and/or body skin pre-cleansed with a gentle soap-free product.
La roche posay lipikar fluide ingredients

The ingredients are:
AQUA / WATER,
GLYCERIN
NIACINAMIDE
DIMETHICONE
PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL
CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE
BRASSICA CAMPESTRIS OLEIFERA OIL / RAPESEED SEED OIL
DIMETHICONOL
SODIUM HYDROXIDE
AMMONIUM POLYACRYLDIMETHYLTAURAMIDE / AMMONIUM POLYACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE
DISODIUM EDTA
CAPRYLYL GLYCOL
XANTHAN GUM
ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER
BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII BUTTER / SHEA BUTTER
PHENOXYETHANOL

As you can see, Niacinamide is the 3rd ingredient in the list. I can't find a definitive amount of Niacinamide it contains, but their Lipikar Gel-Fluide contains 4%, so I guess that's a good ball park figure to work with.

Let's move on to the texture and feeling of this product.

Viscosity: It is very spreadable, so one pump could easily cover both of my arms without much effort. I like that a lot because it reduces the chances of me rubbing it in too hard just to spread it around. The product has quite some slip to it, and I believe it can be attributed to the dimethicone.

La roche posay lipikar fluide review


Texture: The product has an almost gel like structure in a sense that it kind of holds a shape after I pumped into onto my palms. However, once you rub it into your palms, it feels watery. It kind of reminds me of the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, but a little stiffer.

Colour: In the photo, it looks opaque white, but it's more like a translucent white colour. It also has no fragrance, but it does have a soft scent. I guess it's just the smell of the ingredients? it is not off putting at all.

After feeling: As the moisturizer is rather light weight, it absorbs very quickly and doesn't leave me sticky. The downside to that is it is not moisturizing enough for when my skin is extremely dry (the shedding phase).

Longevity: Depending on the condition of my skin, it can vary from minutes to hours. On a bad day with extremely dry and flaky skin, it keeps it moisturized for 10-15 minutes? On the better parts of my body, my skin feels moisturized for 6-8 hours.

Usage: I use it once every night after my shower, about 4 pumps for my entire body (1 for my arms, 1 for my torso, 1 for my thighs, and 1 for my calves). It has lasted me about 4 weeks?

The first time I used this product, I have a lot of broken skin so it stung like a bitch. Over the course of a month, I notice my skin condition did improve in a sense that I have a lot less broken skin. My skin is moisturized and the healthier parts actually stayed moisturized with the help of this cream. I can't attest to the soothing part, because I don't typically use it during an itchy moment. I use this at night after my shower, and I must say, I think it does soothe my skin quite a bit because there will be moments when I caress my skin and it doesn't feel gratifying as though I'm scratching an itch - it just feels normal.


Will I repurchase this? Probably, if I can get it at the discount price :) Spending S$24 every month for calmer skin is worth it, and something I can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff. Customised by Karman 2014.